18 TESTS IN 5 SECONDS!
WHAT WOULD USUALLY TAKE AN AUTO-ELECTRICIAN A FEW MINUTES TO COMPLETE 18 DIFFERENT INDIVIDUAL TESTS CAN NOW BE DONE IN SECONDS!
Our new and improved rectifier tester is now light, portable and compact, ensuring that you can accurately test the three phase rectifier bridge found in automotive alternators, while holding the device in your hand, for a quick, efficient, and economical test, while ensuring high quality.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why does one need a Rectifier Tester when this test can be done by an ordinary multimeter?
1.It’s faster, simpler and more accurate.
2.The TA208 uses a test current 100 times larger to test proper diode function as well as eliminate errors caused by dry joints.
3. For example: A 9 diode rectifier requires 18 tests: 9 for forward conduction and 9 for reverse blocking. It’s easy to omit a diode test by mistake- an improper diagnosis can be costly. Only 6 wires to connect and only 5seconds give a 100% diagnosis when using the TA208.
4. It’s much faster in a production Line environment and warranty departments.
5. For rebuilders, it can quickly pinpoint the locations of faulty diodes.
Can the TA208 only test 9 diodes?
It can test 9 diodes or 6 or the trio separately or 11diodes or 15 diode 17 diode rectifiers in delta or star wired stators.
- Can I test the rectifier while still mounted to the stator?
No the stator will s/c the test current.
- What happens if I connect the Tester incorrectly?
Nothing! - No damage can occur to the rectifier and the tester is protected against shorts!